Full-time Police Officers -
The City of Red Bank is actively seeking police officer candidates. Preference will be given to candidates with prior law enforcement experience and the completion of an academy, but would consider anyone that exhibits the strong work ethic and integrity that our department requires. If you have the necessary experience and qualifications, we are interested in you.
Some of our benefits include:
- Competitive salary & Benefits
- Health, Dental, & Vision (no cost for single coverage)
- Home fleet program
- Uniform allowance
- Participation in Tennessee Consolidated Retirement System
- 12-hour shift scheduling
Reserve Police Officers -
The Reserve Officer Program is comprised of volunteer citizens entrusted with the responsiblity to augment and assist regular members of the agency. Reserve Officers are sworn as law enforcement personnel to uphold municipal ordinances and state laws. The position is one of voluntary support, without predefined monetary compensation. The program is ideal for those who want to start their law enforcement career, semi-retired or retired officers desiring to stay involved, or idividuals who desire to give back to their commmunity. Reserve Police Officers must meet the same standards of a full-time officer with the excpetion of the mandatory completion of a police academy. Instead, they must complete a minimum of eighty (80) hours of entry level training.
Qualifications / Employment Process
>Police Officer Position Description
The hiring process:
- Written Test
- Physical Fitness Test - successful completion of a timed obstacle course
- Panel Interview
- Psychological and Polygraph Examination
- Physical Examination by a physician
In general, the written test, fitness test and panel interview are conducted on the same day. If you are determined to be a qualified candidate, you will then be scheduled for the other steps. After being hired, you will be assigned to a Field Training Officer to complete or augment the training you received in the police academy.
Applicants must meet or exceed the standards established by Tennessee Code Annotated 38-8-106.
> Application for
Applicants need to submit the following:
- Application for Employment
- Copy of POST certificate (if applicable)
- Copy of Academy certificate (if applicable)
- List of advanced law enforcement training (Do NOT submit copies of all training certificates at this time.)
Applications may be hand delivered or mailed to Red Bank City Hall or they may be emailed to the Human Resources Director: Ruthie Rohen.